- Category: Technology
- Hits: 2064
1. In which decade was the American Institute of Electrical Engineers (AIEE) founded?
2. What is part of a database that holds only one type of information?
3. 'OS' computer abbreviation usually means ?
A. Order of Significance
B. Open Software
C. Operating System
D. Optical Sensor
4. In which decade with the first transatlantic radio broadcast occur?
5. '.MOV' extension refers usually to what kind of file?
A. Image file
B. Animation/movie file
C. Audio file
D. MS Office document
6. In which decade was the SPICE simulator introduced?
7. Most modern TV's draw power even if turned off. The circuit the power is used in does what function?
B. Remote control
C. Color balance
D. High voltage
8. Which is a type of Electrically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory?
9. The purpose of choke in tube light is ?
A. To decrease the current
B. To increase the current
C. To decrease the voltage momentarily
D. To increase the voltage momentarily
10. '.MPG' extension refers usually to what kind of file?
A. WordPerfect Document file
B. MS Office document
C. Animation/movie file
D. Image file
11. Who is largely responsible for breaking the German Enigma codes, created a test that provided a foundation for artificial intelligence?
A. Alan Turing
B. Jeff Bezos
C. George Boole
D. Charles Babbage
12. Who developed Yahoo?
A. Dennis Ritchie & Ken Thompson
B. David Filo & Jerry Yang
C. Vint Cerf & Robert Kahn
D. Steve Case & Jeff Bezos
13. Made from a variety of materials, such as carbon, which inhibits the flow of current...?
14. The most common format for a home video recorder is VHS. VHS stands for...?
A. Video Home System
B. Very high speed
C. Video horizontal standard
D. Voltage house standard
15. What does VVVF stand for?
A. Variant Voltage Vile Frequency
B. Variable Velocity Variable Fun
C. Very Very Vicious Frequency
D. Variable Voltage Variable Frequency
16. What frequency range is the High Frequency band?
A. 100 kHz
B. 1 GHz
C. 30 to 300 MHz
D. 3 to 30 MHz
17. The first step to getting output from a laser is to excite an active medium. What is this process called?
18. What is the relationship between resistivity r and conductivity s?
A. R = s2
B. R = s
C. R > s
D. R = 1/s
19. Which motor is NOT suitable for use as a DC machine?
A. Permanent magnet motor
B. Series motor
C. Squirrel cage motor
D. Synchronous motor
20. A given signal's second harmonic is twice the given signal's __________ frequency...?
21. In which year was MIDI(dress) introduced?
22. What does the term PLC stand for?
A. Programmable Lift Computer
B. Program List Control
C. Programmable Logic Controller
D. Piezo Lamp Connector
23. When measuring the characteristics of a small-signal amplifier, say for a radio receiver, one might be concerned with its "Noise..."?
24. 'DB' computer abbreviation usually means ?
B. Double Byte
C. Data Block
D. Driver Boot
25. '.INI' extension refers usually to what kind of file?
A. Image file
B. System file
C. Hypertext related file
D. Image Color Matching Profile file
26. The sampling rate, (how many samples per second are stored) for a CD is...?
A. 48.4 kHz
B. 22,050 Hz
C. 44.1 kHz
D. 48 kHz
27. Who created Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)?
A. Phil Zimmermann
B. Tim Berners-Lee
C. Marc Andreessen
D. Ken Thompson
28. What do we call a network whose elements may be separated by some distance? It usually involves two or more small networks and dedicated high-speed telephone lines.
A. URL (Universal Resource Locator)
B. LAN (Local Area Network)
C. WAN (Wide Area Network)
D. World Wide Web
29. After the first photons of light are produced, which process is responsible for amplification of the light?
A. Blackbody radiation
B. Stimulated emission
C. Planck's radiation
D. Einstein oscillation
30. Which is NOT an acceptable method of distributing small power outlets throughout an open plan office area?
A. Power Poles
B. Power Skirting
C. Flush Floor Ducting
D. Extension Cords
31. Sometimes computers and cache registers in a foodmart are connected to a UPS system. What does UPS mean?
A. United Parcel Service
B. Uniform Product Support
C. Under Paneling Storage
D. Uninterruptable Power Supply
32. Who co-founded Hotmail in 1996 and then sold the company to Microsoft?
A. Shawn Fanning
B. Ada Byron Lovelace
C. Sabeer Bhatia
D. Ray Tomlinson
33. '.TMP' extension refers usually to what kind of file?
A. Compressed Archive file
B. Image file
C. Temporary file
D. Audio file
34. In the UK, what type of installation requires a fireman's switch?
A. Neon Lighting
B. High Pressure Sodium Lighting
C. Water Features
D. Hotel Rooms