Computer Officer/Bank IT Officer Exam Preparation Materials
- The five-layer model provides guidelines for the development of universally compatible networking protocols.
- The physical, data link, and network layers are the network support layers.
- The application layer is the user support layer.
- The transport layer links the network support layers and the user support layer.
- The physical layer coordinates the functions required to transmit a bit stream over a physical medium.
- The data link layer is responsible for delivering data units from one station to the next without errors.
- The network layer is responsible for the source-to-destination delivery of a packet across multiple network links.
- The transport layer is responsible for the process-to-process delivery of the entire message.
- The application layer enables the users to access the network.