Computer Officer/Bank IT Officer Exam Preparation Materials
- Category: MCQ Mixed Bag
- Hits: 1029
- BIOS provides the physical interface for various devices, such as the serial and parallel ports.
- BIOS provides the programming that enables the CPU to communicate with other hardware
- BIOS provides memory space for applications to load into from the hard drive
- BIOS provides memory space for applications to load into from the main system RAM.
2. Which of the following SDRAM speeds would not work on a 66 MHz motherboard?
- 60 MHz
- 66 MHz
- 100 MHz
- 133 MHz
3. You put two 128 MB RAM on the memory slot of the motherboard. When you turn on your PC, only 128 MB of RAM show up during the RAM count. What is most likely to be the problem?
- You failed to seat the RAM properly
- You put DDR SDRAM in a standard SDRAM slot
- The CPU cannot handle 256 MB of RAM.
- The motherboard can use only one RAM slot at a time.
4. I got a new PC which seems to have everything in place. When I power up the system, however, I hear a series of beeps (one long and two short) and then nothing else. The monitor stays blank. What is the most probable cause of the beeping and dead PC?
- PC is not plugged into the power
- RAM is not seated properly
- CPU is not seated properly
- Video card is not seated properly
5. When you boot up a PC, the system powers up and it starts to run through POST, but then stops. The screen displays a “CMOS configuration mismatch” error. Of the following list, what is the most likely cause of this error?
- Dying CMOS battery
- Bad CPU
- Bad RAM
- Corrupt system BIOS
6. What is the correct boot sequence for a PC?
- CPU, POST, Power Good, Boot Loader, Operating System
- POST, Power Good, CPU, Boot Loader, Operating System
- Power Good, Boot Loader, CPU, POST, Operating System
- CPU, Power Good, POST, Boot Loader, Operating System
7. Which of the following most accurately describes the relationship between BIOS and hardware?
- All hardware needs BIOS
- All hardware that attaches to the motherboard via ribbon cables needs BIOS
- All hardware built into the motherboard needs BIOS
- Some hardware devices need BIOS
8. Which of the following would you not use to load device drivers in Windows98?
- The Registry
9. In which CMOS screen would you most likely find the setting to change the size of the installed floppy disk drive?
- Standard CMOS features
- Advanced BIOS features
- Advanced chipset features
- Integrated peripherals
10. In a windows XP system, which of the following can you use to make changes to the registry?
- Control Panel
- Device Manager
- All of the above
11. What is the full form of POST?
- Power on self test
- Problem on system tools
- Program on system test
- Position of system tools
12. What is the purpose of the POST?
- It tests all the devices attached to the PC, then displays a message on the screen if any device fails
- It tells all of the devices attached to the PC to test themselves, and then produces a beep code or text message if any device fails.
- It tells all the devices that get BIOS support from the system ROM chip – the assumed devices – to test themselves, and then produces a beep code or text message if any device fails.
- It provides a convenient mailing utility for product registration.
13. How does the CPU communicate with a device?
- It uses the device’s I/O addresses over the address bus
- It uses the device’s I/O addresses over the data bus
- It uses the device’s IRQ over the address bus
- It uses the device’s IRQ over the data bus
14. How does a device initiate a conversation with the CPU?
- By using I/O addresses
- By using polling
- By using an IRQ
- The device has to wait for the CPU to initiate all conversations
15. What is a COM port?
- A serial port
- A parallel port
- A preset combination of I/O addresses and IRQ for a serial device
- A preset combination of I/O addresses and IRQ for a parallel device