1. ______ is used in operating system to separate mechanism from policy
A. Single level implementation B. Two level implementation
C. Multi level implementation D. None
2. The operating system creates _____ from the physical computer
A. Virtual space B. Virtual computers
C. Virtual device D. None
3. ______ shares characteristics with both hardware and software
A. Operating system B. Software
C. Data D. None
4. Multiprogramming systems:
A. Are easier to develop than single programming systems
B. Execute each job faster
C. Execute more jobs in the same time period
D. Are used only one large mainframe computers.
5. Which is the first program run on a computer when the computer boots up?
A. System software B. Operating system
C. System operations D. None
6. Which is built directly on the hardware?
A. Computer Environment B. Application Software
C. Operating System D. Database System
7. Which of the following Operating System does not implement multitasking truly?
A. Windows 98 B. Windows NT
C. Windows XP D. MS DOS
8. Which runs on computer hardware and serve as platform for other software to run on?
A. Operating System B. Application Software
C. System Software D. All
9. Which is the layer of a computer system between the hardware and the user program
A. Operating environment B. Operating system
C. System environment D. None
10. The primary purpose of an operating system is:
A. To make the most efficient use of the computer hardware
B. To allow people to use the computer,
C. To keep systems programmers employed
D. To make computers easier to use