- Category: Windows
- Hits: 806
1. What is Windows?
A. program for designing windows B. An operating system
C. An applications program D. A game
2. What is shown in the first window that comes up when the computer comes to a rest after being booted?
A. TV screen B. blank
C. desktop D. icons
3. What is the first bar in a window called?
A. icon bar B. toolbar
C. title bar D. None of the above
4. What are icons?
A. pictures B. small windows
C. shortcuts D. text
5. What bar is usually found at the bottom of the desktop.
A. tool bar B. task bar
C. menu bar D. title bar
6. How can a window be resized?
A. Drag the scroll box
B. Click the Close button on the window's title bar
C. Drag one of the window's borders or corners
D. None of the above
7. What button(s) on the mouse displays the shortcut menu?
A. Right B. Left
C. Both D. Neither
8. What key is pressed to activate selections on the menu bar when a user is using the keyboard rather than the mouse?
A. Tab B. Alt
C. Ctrl D. Shift
9. What is a shortcut icon normally used for?
A. To close the desktop B. To start an application
C. To close an application D. To clear the screen
10. Which of the following steps are used to start a program?
A. Minimize a window
B. Hold down Ctrl, Alt and Del keys and select a program
C. Right click the mouse. Select a program
D. Click the Start button. Point to Programs. Click on the program name.
11. Which of the following OS cannot work as a Network Server?
A. Windows3.1 B. UNIX
C. Novell D. WindowsNT
12. In windows you can add/remove items in the program menu using………..
A. Control Panel, add/remove programs
B. Display properties
C. Start menu, Accessories
D. Start menu, settings, task bar
13. From where can you change the desktop background?
A. Start menu, settings, control panel, display
B. Accessories, Display, Setting
C. Start menu, program, control panel
D. My computer, control panel, settings
14. Which of the following is a/are component(s) of a menu?
A. Unavailable commands B. Shortcut keys
C. Selection letters D. All of the above.